Saturday, March 31, 2007

31 Weeks and Counting

Well, I am finally in the home stretch. Less than nine weeks until our new baby girl arrives. Things have been hectic with this pregnancy, but I still feel blessed to be experiencing the miracle of life again. I won't lie, with nausea, headaches, the stomach bug and finally a massive chest cold, the last 8 months have been very difficult on me (and Jeff). I am ready to have this baby and get back to myself. I know all the difficulties are worth it, as I will have a new little bundle of joy to smoother with love very soon. Jeff and Lily have been so wonderful this entire pregnancy. Jeff has spoiled me with back and foot massages, and he always knows when I need a big bowl of ice cream to cheer me up. Lily has been really sweet too. She kisses my belly and says "baby". She also says "big sister" but she still isn't sure why Mommy's belly keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Jeff and I have finally started getting ready for the baby. No name for sure yet, but we have been transitioning Lily out of her crib and onto a big girl bed. We have also been slowly getting out all the infant stuff and freshening up the nursery. The great thing about another girl...we're all ready. Lily's clothes are even the right season so P2 will be showered with lots of hand-me-downs.
I wish I could post some 3D ultrasound pictures, but she wasn't cooperating at our visit. She was using my placenta as a pillow so the doc couldn't get a clear shot of her face. We are going to try again in a few weeks so hopefully we'll have some pictures to share. Other than that, everything looks great. She is moving around and kicking like crazy. Dr. Voss says she already weighs around 5 lbs....no small babies for me. I have started the CTG (monitoring of the baby's heartbeat) and attending the doctor's every two weeks. The time is really starting to fly now....finally!!




1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

you are such a beautiful Mama Irene! Good luck with the next few weeks. We can't wait to see your precious baby girl. Congrats!!!