Emma is doing great. She eats, sleeps and poops well, just as a newborn should. We have had a few rough nights, as she and I both caught colds in the hospital and were a little stuffed up. However, most nights she is sleeping for three hour stretches. Last night we even received a four hour stretch...Jeff and I felt so rested, LOL!! Her one week doctor's appointment went really went and she was already 7 lbs, 13 oz., almost back to birth weight in one week...yay! The doc said she looked great and the touch of jaundice she has should clear up soon. We have her two week appointment on Wednesday and another appointment Thursday to get her passport, American birth certificate and social security number. There is so much to do, especially with our move coming up in two short months! I am feeling better and I seem to have more energy. The recovery with Emma has been easier than with Lily. I guess our bodies remember what to do.
Here are some pictures from her first week at home. I have some great bath pictures and family shots to post with week 2. Thanks so much for all the notes, emails, cards, calls, gifts, meals... you have all been so sweet.
An extra special THANK YOU to my sister April for flying here and spending two weeks taking care of us. We loved having you here sis. It meant the world to all of us. You are the best sister and the reason I am so happy that Lily and Emma have each other...you're my best friend!! I love you sis!! It was such an amazing time for us to have you here. **Thanks to Aaron and Cailyn for sharing you with us. 



1 comment:
Love the toes! Hard to believe how fast the time flies, eh? Pretty soon she'll be walking and going to school but we won't think about those far away days quite yet. I'm sure it's going by even faster with two... How's the Mama holding up?
Post a Comment