Friday, February 08, 2008

Pre-school Update

Lily has successfully completed her first two weeks of pre-school. She only cried the first morning for a few minutes and then never looked back. Every day when I drop her off she says, "Bye, bye Mommy" and runs into the classroom to be with her friends and teachers. When I come to pick her up at 1:00 I almost have to drag her out of the classroom. Yesterday she said she wanted to stay because she was having so much fun. Jeff and I are thrilled that she loves school so much.

Her teachers, Ms. Lorraine and Ms. Pam, said that Lily is doing great and fits in perfectly with the class. She follows directions, goes potty and plays well with the other students. It is truly an exciting time for our Lilybug! They attend Spanish, Computer and Music classes and also do crafts and play outside. Next week they have a dental Hygienist coming in to discuss dental care.

The best part...when I was buckling Lily up yesterday after school she looked at me and said:
L: "I missed you today Mom"
ME: "I missed you too Lily"
L: "I missed you ALL day Mommy!"

I absolutely melted!! I am so happy that she is having fun, but it's nice to know she still misses her Mommy.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

John and I will be starting Anika in Preschool this week, hopefully, but it is bitter sweet! I am so glad to hear Lily is loving pre-school.