While Jeff was deployed I really started enjoying running. With encouragement from some good friends, I entered and ran a 5K and an 8K this winter. I guess I caught the bug and now I'm training for a half marathon. Jeff and I both signed up for the big race September 6th (although we'll be running it separately). I've been training all summer with my friend, Pam and she has me running more than I ever thought possible. Our last few long runs have been 8 and 9 milers!! I still can't believe that I am enjoying long distance running! I'll be honest, I too have days when 3 miles is tough. However, when we get out on the trails and get into our stride....some days I feel like I can run forever. Running has become a peaceful way for me to rejuvenate myself.
Jeff is training hard also. His last 2 runs have been 10 and 13 milers and he is also biking and lifting. For my cross training, I've been enjoying a wonderful Spinning class at the Rec. Center. Jeff and I are also trying to do some work outs together at home. The training has us both feeling more energized. Jeff has actually trained for two other marathons, but due to work conflicts was never able to run them. This will be Jeff's first race! It feels so amazing to be back in shape and enjoying exercise WITH Jeff rather than watching from the sidelines.
So, our 7th anniversary will be spent rocking and rolling 13.1 at the Virginia Beach oceanfront. My sister is coming in for a long weekend to help with the girls and cheer us on. I am excited for the race, as every mile added to my long runs is a personal milestone for me! Wish us luck...


2 comments:
We're proud of your accomplishments!! Quite a long way from the girl who was "done" at the bottom of the Grand Canyon :)
AWESOME! I'm SO impressed. Look at you - looking quite the athlete and all! Holy smoke! You are seriously motivating me to get up and go running too.
Wishing you both the best of luck on your races!
Post a Comment