Last Monday (July 19th), we had a false alarm. I woke up and was concerned my water had broke. I talked to my midwife and she insisted I go to the hospital and get checked. I was really resistant because I knew the minute I got on the labor and delivery floor I would want to stay and have the baby. As I suspected, my hopes were crused to find out not only had my water NOT broke, I was not dilated or effaced AT ALL!! I was heart broken. Of course they sent me home. At 38+ weeks I was really hoping something was happening. Isn't the third child suppose to come early and quick??
SO... yesterday I had my 39 week appt. and we got some better news. I'm 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced, lets hope this actually means something!! Lily was a 42 week baby and both girls came via inductions... seems I have VERY stubborn children. My due date is August 1st, just five short days away!! However, the hospital has a strict policy about inductions, I can not schedule one until week 41. So worst case scenario, we'll have the little man here by August 8th.
SO... yesterday I had my 39 week appt. and we got some better news. I'm 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced, lets hope this actually means something!! Lily was a 42 week baby and both girls came via inductions... seems I have VERY stubborn children. My due date is August 1st, just five short days away!! However, the hospital has a strict policy about inductions, I can not schedule one until week 41. So worst case scenario, we'll have the little man here by August 8th.


4 comments:
Well, I guess if he waits 'til August 8th Great Grandma Ciak will get a double birthday present :)
guard those ice chips with your life, they are like GOLD in the hospital! :) Congrats on your dilation! He'll be here soon, PROMISE!!
I spent one night in the hospital on a scare too with Asher and when I got home in the a.m., Jamison said, "well if you REALLY needed a night off, you could've just asked" lol!
Can't wait to see pics of your little man!
not long now!!!
hang in there...and rest while you can! can't wait to see pix of this baby boy!
Post a Comment