This post is a little late, but I still wanted to get it up...
June 17th, Father's Day, we decided to head south to the Bodensee for a day trip. It had only been three short weeks since Emma's birth, but we were all feeling a little cabin fever and wanted to get out and enjoy the beautiful summer weather. We packed up the car, two kids, Linda and headed out Sunday morning. The weather was bright, sunny and VERY hot. A great day to be on the lake! The hour and a half drive was breath taking.
We drove to a little town called Meersburg, Germany. The Bodensee, also known as Lake Constance, lies on the border of Germany, Switzerland and Austria. The lake is 9 miles across at its widest point and 46 miles long. It reaches 826 feet in depth. There are several quaint towns around the Bodensee, all with spectacular views of the lake.
We started the day walking around Meersburg and then enjoyed lunch at a restaurant on the water. After lunch we took a ferry over to Mainu, known as "Island of Flowers". The Island was beautiful and looked like a botanical garden. The views were amazing. We strolled around and just enjoyed being outside. We spent several hours on the Island, as there were many walking trails and places to just sit and relax.
After the island, we grabbed some pizza and gelato. Lily was an angel and loved all the special attention from Grammie Prager. Emma was a little fussy, we may have taken her out of her element a little early. Over all we had a great day. I had to make a slide show (I know, I know, I'm a slide show junkie) of all the pictures as there were so many beautiful shots.
Enjoy the show....
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
It looks like it was a beautiful day! Also, wow - three weeks post and you look fantastic! You all look so happy, I'm glad you had such a nice Father's Day.
weren't the flowers wonderful? We ventured out with Addie and the puppies one day and enjoyed walking the grounds. Thanks for sharing the photos, they are so fun and bring back so many fond memories!
Post a Comment