skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Potty Time
Here is our little munchkin trying to figure out the whole potty thing. It all started last week when her friend Grace was over for a play date and went potty. Lily decided that she also wanted to sit on the potty and "go pee Mama". Her first try was unsuccessful, however the next day (June 28) Lily sat on the potty and actually went pee. Daddy and I were over the moon, I actually got teary eyed. We weren't planning to potty train until we arrived in Virginia due to the big move and a new baby, but if she's ready, we're going with it. Lily is so funny like that, when she is ready for a new milestone she just jumps in head first.
She has had a lot of awareness the last few days, but no actual success. She tells me directly after going so we are working on the timing. However, Jeff and I decided we are not pushing. We have a trans-Atlantic move in 6 weeks and I am not interested in power struggles and soaked pants on an airplane.
Lily and I made a sticker chart this weekend for the bathroom door. I am hoping to give her some motivation. Wish us luck, she may just figure it out quicker than we expect!
1 comment:
hooray for Lily, that's wonderful! Keep it up...Addie has no trouble pooing but the whole peeing portion she doesn't like to wait for. On a good day we can catch one or two though.
Post a Comment