Move In Day!! Our household goods arrived bright and early Tuesday morning (October 2nd). Sixty long days from the day they hauled them away in Weil in Schonbuch. We were so happy to see our stuff Jeff and I almost started crying. Over three months of transition really makes you appreciate "home" and all your belongings. We were so happy to get our bed, as we had been sleeping on a blow up bed and were so anxious for a good night of sleep.
The movers did a fantastic job of unloading, delivering and assembling our household goods. They are allowed to unpack boxes, but are not allowed to put anything away. So we decided
to just have them unpack large furniture, electronics and appliances and we would do the rest. The idea of piles of dishes and clothes just scattered around the house was not appealing, especially with two little ones. We would definitely have our work cut out for us.

We managed to have only a few items break during the long trek across the Atlantic. We lost an old book shelf (no biggie), Jeff's Commissioning frame and my Tiffany's bread basket from Italy (I was very sad when I saw it in pieces). Luckily my good friend
Karen is still in Germany and is going to get me another one...thanks Karen! The biggest disappointment...our car. The Altima has some dings that need to be fixed. Over all we are pleased that most of
our stuff arrived in one piece.
So... for the last month we have been digging out, literally!! Although we have most things unpacked and the boxes have been hauled away, we are still organizing, painting, decorating and cleaning. The house is at least functional and we are happy to have a place to call home again. I have had absolutely NO time for blogging, but I hope to get caught up over the next few weeks. We hope all is well with everyone and if you didn't get our contact update email, just let me know and I'll email it to you. Happy Fall!


No comments:
Post a Comment