Thursday, January 24, 2008

A New Adventure

After we were settled here in Virginia Beach I tried calling a few Pre-school programs to get Lily enrolled in a two year old pre-school program. Little did I know, that you have to basically register your child at birth to get a spot in an accredited pre-school. Lily has been on the wait list since October for two schools, Courthouse Academy and Mother's Day Out. Both Schools have similar circulums and staff only accreddited teachers. Jeff and I are excited for Lily to start school and get some social interation, but we did not want a Day Care setting. Both schools offer a wonderful academic environment with the opportunity for Lily to also get social interaction with her peers and have a lot of fun.

Well...on Tuesday Courthouse Academy called and offered Lily a Tuesday and Thursday morning slot at their school. We drove over to the school (less than 5 minutes from our house) and toured the school. I really loved the school and the 2 year old teachers really impressed me. Lily will be learning numbers, the alphabet, colors, days of the week, weather, the pledge of allegiance and attend Spanish, computer and music class. They also do daily crafts, play outside on a separate 2 year old playground and pack a lunch. She will be attending school 2 days a week from 9:30 to 1:00. The teachers even work on potty training.

So, first thing Tuesday morning our oldest daughter will be starting pre-school. Although she was very shy during the tour of the school, Jeff and I feel that Lily is ready for this new adventure. She often tells us she wants to go to school and loves learning. I'm sure I'm going to have a much harder time adjusting to this new routine than Lily. Can't believe our little girl is going to school!!

Click here to check out Lily's new school: Courthouse Academy

3 comments:

LeroyLime said...

Crazy how we already have to start thinking about school, eh?! Addie keeps saying she wants to go to and I think it would be wonderful for her. She's just so busy and it's hard to cater to her with the baby now...

Jacquie said...

Anika has expressed a lot of interest in school just in the past few weeks. I have her signed-up to begin pre-school on Tuesday's and Thursday's right after she turns 3. She sees Lexi going to school and is always saying, "I go to school Mommy?". She also walks around with a pencil and paper and says, "I do homework MaMa!". It is too cute, but I KNOW I am not ready for her to go:(

benarinn said...

i'm sure she'll love it irene.... and i think you'll find that it will be a great outlet for you both when jeff is away. they grow up so fast!