Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New Year's Quiz

(For anyone who reads this blog...I challenge you to copy this and fill in your own answers, then leave a comment with a link to your answers:))


1.What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Made a trans-Atlantic move with two small children (both in diapers!).
2. What are your New Years Resolutions? Be the best Mom and wife possible, provide a stable home for Lily and Emma when Daddy is deployed (and survive deployment), lose weight (go to the gym more and eat better) and find time to read more!!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth in 2007?Yes! I did along with my two sister-in-laws.
4. Did anyone close to you die.Yes, Nanny, Grammie Rose and Jeff's Uncle Bill
5. What countries did you visit? Just around Germany-had a second baby instead.
6 What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A consistent routine with NO moving!
7. What date(s) in 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why?Jan 12th(Nanny's death) , Febrauary 5th(Grammie Rose died) May 23rd(Emma was born), August 7th (moved back to the States).
8.What was your biggest achievement of the year? Giving birth and becoming a mother of two.
9.What was your biggest failure? Coming apart at times during the move/transition back to the U.S., not making a big enough attempt to eat better and hit the gym
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?A rough pregnancy
11. What was the best thing someone bought you? Hot meals brought to the house after Emma was born, some hand made quilts and sweaters for Emma, a date night from Kelly and Seth
12. Who's behavior merited celebration?Jeff, for being such an amazing Dad. He always knows what to do and constantly offers to help!!
13. Who's behavior appalled and depressed you? Not sure...maybe Rosie on the View or Britney Spears with her kids
14. Where did most of your money go?Our new house!!
15. What did you get really, really excited about?Blogging, Having a Target near by again, Scrapbooking with friends and attending Crops, Losing the baby weight, Having a new home
16. What song(s) reminds you of 2007? Hey There Delilah, One, Better Together
17. Compared to last year are you...a.) Happier or Sadder? Happier, we have another little girl to love b.) Thinner or Fatter? Thinner (not pregnant!)c.) Richer or Poorer? Richer in life, Poorer in money
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Traveling the last few months we were in Europe
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?Being stressed about moving and house hunting
20. How did you spend Christmas?Here in Virginia, just the four of us
21. Did you fall in love in 2007.Yes, with my new baby and I fell deeper in love with Jeff and Lily.
22. How many one night stands did you have?None-N/A, I'm very happily married.
23. What was your favorite TV program?Grey's Anatomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't this time last year?No, I really don't hate anyone
25. What was the best book you read?No time to read this year, really.
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?I turned 29, and I was very pregnant!!
27. What was your best musical discovery?Snow Patrol thanks to my sister and Grey's Anatomy 28. What did you want and get?A healthy baby.
29. What was your favorite film of the year? The Bourne Ultimatum
30. What did you want and not get? More time with our extended family
31. What one thing would've made your year immeasurably more satisfying?I feel blessed with everything I have
32.How would you describe your fashion concept for 2007?comfy clothes, jeans, fleece and the occasional pair of slacks and heels. I'm a full time mom, not much time for fashion!
33. What kept you sane?Blogging, my sister, long talks with friends, early bedtimes, and Jeff (of course!)
34. Which celebrity or public figure did you admire most?Oprah
35. What political issue stirred you most? Not sure...maybe the media handling of Iraq
36. Who do you miss?Grammie and Nanny, spending time with my sister
37. Who was the best new person you met? Michelle, our new baby sitter, she is the sweetest!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned?God doesn't give you more than you can handle
39. Quote a song line that defines your year. Jack Johnson's, Better Together:
There's no combination of words I could put on the back of a postcard
No song that I could sing
But I can try for your heart
Our dreams, and they are made out of real things
Like a, shoebox of photographs
With sepia tone loving
Love is the answer,At least for most of the questions in my heart
Like why are we here? And where do we go?And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy and Sometimes life can be deceiving
I'll tell you one thing it's always better when we're together"

2 comments:

LeroyLime said...

Great post Irene! Welcome to 2008!www.dawnbraun.blogspot.com

benarinn said...

thanks for the inspiration, irene! :)