I would be remiss not to mention that tomorrow is my 30th birthday...YIKES right?? At times I have felt a little sad that I will be leaving my twenty something days behind me. However, (much to my surprise), I find myself grateful for my "older and wiser" ways. Turning 30 has really made me reflect on all the things I truly have to be thankful for.
I am from a small little town in northern Maine. I grew up with two young parents (my Mom had me at 15). They taught me all the important life lessons and helped me become a responsible young adult (well, maybe minus a few crazy years in college). I feel like I am grounded because of these small town roots, but it also gave me a thirst for more. Then the best thing happened, I met Jeff and my entire life changed. Most of you know the crazy details of our love story and our wonderfully busy family life thanks to Jeff's annual Christmas letter and this blog. Regardless, I still wanted to note some things I am thankful for at age 30.
An amazing man by my side that is my best friend
Two wonderful daughters that make me a better person
Parents that love me and are proud of me
An extended family of in-laws that have accepted me as their own
A sister with whom I can share anything and everything
I am from a small little town in northern Maine. I grew up with two young parents (my Mom had me at 15). They taught me all the important life lessons and helped me become a responsible young adult (well, maybe minus a few crazy years in college). I feel like I am grounded because of these small town roots, but it also gave me a thirst for more. Then the best thing happened, I met Jeff and my entire life changed. Most of you know the crazy details of our love story and our wonderfully busy family life thanks to Jeff's annual Christmas letter and this blog. Regardless, I still wanted to note some things I am thankful for at age 30.
An amazing man by my side that is my best friend
Two wonderful daughters that make me a better person
Parents that love me and are proud of me
An extended family of in-laws that have accepted me as their own
A sister with whom I can share anything and everything
Friends that always feel like family
My health
The opportunity to travel the world
A safe place to call home for my family
30 wonderful years of memories
I guess this post is a little sappy, but this is my journal (and my birthday) so I'm allowed. If the next thirty years are as wonderful, I'm in for an amazing adventure!! Thanks for reading!
My health
The opportunity to travel the world
A safe place to call home for my family
30 wonderful years of memories
I guess this post is a little sappy, but this is my journal (and my birthday) so I'm allowed. If the next thirty years are as wonderful, I'm in for an amazing adventure!! Thanks for reading!


7 comments:
Happy 30th Birthday to an amazing person, woman, mother and friend. Wish we could be there to celebrate it with you. What are you going to do to celebrate?
happy 30th birthday, irene! have a great day! ;o)
Dinner out tonight if the kiddos are feeling better and then dinner, music and drinks with friends this weekend. I am so lucky!!! Thanks for the b-day wishes.
Happy Birthday, Irene! Welcome to your 30th year! You're in good company ;)
Love,
Maritza
Happy Happy 30th Irene! What a wonderful post and not at all sappy...just TRUE! That's what I LOVE about you! :) Have an amazing day and another amazing 30 years + !! Hugs from ND...
Happy Birthday Irene! Your journal is wonderful and I'm so glad that you share it with us. :) Wish I was there to help you celebrate. We may not be nearby, but we are in spirit - hope you have a truly wonderful day. Much love to you!!
Love this post, Good for you! Now I'm not the only one who "journals " on the blog:) (ie. my Difficult people post) You are a sweet, kind and caring person and a wonderful Mom, so glad you are a part of the family!
Love,
C
Post a Comment