For those of you that don't already know, Jeff is participating in a VERY intensive 4 month training to get ready for his deployment this fall. We are 4 weeks into the training and I have fully realized how hard it is going to be to have Jeff gone for 6 months. This current training has him leaving the house by 6 a.m. and getting home between 10 and 11 p.m. EVERY night. He even works on the weekends (albeit, the days are a little shorter). The girls and I are really missing Jeff, but I'm trying to keep the three of us active and busy. Since Jeff doesn't see the girls Monday-Friday because of his long hours, he has managed to sneak away from the training one day a week for an hour to have dinner with us. The girls get so excited when they know Daddy is coming home.
So...this leads me to Jeff's birthday weekend. He was working most of the weekend, but was able to spend some time with us here and there. Saturday afternoon Lily and I made Jeff birthday cupcakes. She was so excited to yell "surprise" and "Happy Birthday Daddy" when he returned home from work. Then Saturday night we had Michelle watch the girls and Jeff and I met Kim and Larry for dinner at a great Sushi Restaurant down on the Virgina Beach boardwalk called, Mahi Mah's. Anyone who knows me, knows I am not a big fan of fish. My lovely husband on the other hand, absolutely loves it. Sushi is his favorite!! However, you'll see by the pictures I tried a few different rolls and actually enjoyed them! Our entire dinner, drinks and company were excellent. Jeff and Larry even made friends with the chef, Otto. After dinner we walked on the boardwalk and just talked. It was a great evening.
On Sunday the weather hit 90! It was SO hot and humid. Jeff was able to stay home until noon, so he played in the pool with the girls and we enjoyed lunch on our patio. Although this training is already pushing me to utter exhaustion 24/7, I know this time in Jeff's career is important to him and our country. I am proud of this dedication to his work...I just wish I could hire a Nanny and and a maid! :) Happy 29th Babe....we love you!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Looks like you had a lovely "night out". Hang in there... you're doing a wonderful job with the girls. Whoever said parenting was easy never had kids.
Love ya,
US
Never doubt yourself-you are an awesome Mom! Another Mom gave me this advice--when things get tough just say to yourself, "Kids are not just small adults..." Love the pics, and that pool is adorable---you do so much for those girls-they are so lucky to have you at home with them all the time:) Hang in there and as always call if you need ANYTHING!
Luv,
C
ha ha- isn't that the truth! i say the same thing to ben about needing a maid and a nanny when he's gone, and then i realize, oh yeah, my job IS to be a maid and a nanny! :) keep smiling. i know it's hard, but you are stronger than you think! :) happy belated b-day, jeff!
Happy belated birthday Jeff. You ARE an super Mom! I will pray for that 5th wind for you:)
J
Post a Comment