Sunday, December 07, 2008

DD 60

MONTH TWO DOWN!!!

Today marks month two of Jeff's deployment. This second month seemed to fly by much quicker than the first. I guess the busy holiday season has my head spinning. Trying to keep up with all the every day stuff and the holiday to-do list, has me busier than ever. I must admit, I'm happy to be distracted. When I actually stop and sit down I feel a little over whelmed with how much I miss Jeff. Although we get to talk on a pretty regular basis, it doesn't seem to be enough. I just want him home with us enjoying this wonderful time of year. I promise I am not whining, lets call it venting. I'm proud of Jeff and his dedication to his country, but I'm also selfish. I wish he could do all these exciting things from right here in Virginia Beach. But....this is how it has to be. I try and just take one day at a time and that helps. Jeff has also been wonderful with this support and constant encouragement. Being separated really opens up an entire new avenue for communication. The hand written love letters still give me butterflies!
So overall, we're managing and getting very excited for our 3 week trip to Maine next week. The girls and I are going to be spoiled by my Mom and sister. When we get back in January....we'll be at the half way mark!!

Here are some pictures of Jeff out in the field.
We're all so proud of you Sweetie!!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss you all too baby. Time has seemed to start going by at least a little quicker, right?? Good luck with the travel plans, tell the girls daddy said they have to be EXTRA well behaved during the trip.

Linda said...

Can't say it's not a little scarey seeing your son in front of a gun with a vest on. We're proud of you, though. Keep safe.

Bernadette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bernadette said...

(I posted a comment, but it didn't go through...sorry!)

Take care and be safe, Jeff. I know it's hard being away from family, especially during the holidays. Send us your address so we can send you a Christmas card too. --The Hair Clan

Jacquie said...

Thinking of you and the family. Please try and have as Merry a Christmas as possible. Be safe!