Saturday, December 06, 2008

Jingle Bell 5K

SO...I finally did it!! I signed up and actually ran a race. Since Jeff has been deployed I have been running to keep fit (and insane). I have always wanted to run a race, but never felt I was a true "runner". Well, with some encouragement from Jeff and my friends I accomplished a goal today. Michelle, ran with me and we had a great time. Since it was a Christmas themed race, we all wore jingle bells and everyone was decked out in red and green. There were lots of Santa hats, elves and reindeer, it was truly a festive event to support Arthritis. We had beautiful weather and lots of people cheering us on. It was a great first race and motivation to keep me running. Thanks to Michelle for running with me and taking some fun pics during the race.


Finished at 32:00 minutes
Posted by Picasa


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! It's a milestone & the sky's the limit :) btw, i love the Christmas music!

Unknown said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! Looks like you had a GREAT time!

TnK said...

Way to go Irene! You'll have to come run a race with me in the DC area next year!!!

Karen

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sis! What a great accomplishment. -April

LeroyLime said...

That's SOOO awesome, congrats Irene!!! :)

Linda said...

Way to go girl!! So glad that you got to accomplish this goal. I bet Kastor loves your running program, too.