Since we're still not sure the exact day Jeff is coming home, a rough estimate puts us at the halfway mark.....YAY!!!!! It's hard to believe that the girls and I have been separated from Jeff for 98 DAYS....3 long months!! However, it's a great feeling to know that after 4 months of summer work ups, and 3 months of deployment, we are finally on the home stretch. The holidays were such a big help, it really made the last month fly by! Even while typing this post, I can't believe it's the 13th of January!
We have a lot to look forward to in the next three months. My sister-in-law, Cindy, my mother-in-law, Linda and my Mom are all coming for visits. I am also busy co-planning Kim's baby shower which will be in February. Of course there is Valentine's Day and the first day of Spring. We also are planning a trip to D.C. to see my friends Beth and Karen (maybe we can see you and the girls too Arinn?) . The girls will love all the museums and monuments and I am excited to hook up with some dear friends!
The countdown to Daddy's return can officially begin! I have missed Jeff so much this past year and I'm really looking forward to LOTS of family time this summer. Although the web caming has been nice, I can't wait to see and hear Jeff in person and give him the biggest hug ever!! I think I may have to wait in line, as I'm sure 2 little girls will beat me to the punch. Thinking of home coming (albeit way too early to be doing it), I get over whelmed with how wonderful it's going to be to be together again. A true happy day for all of us!
As tough as deployment is, I know that I have it better than others. Many of my friends have their husbands gone for multiple deployments or for year long stretches (go Amanda). So I count my blessing every day that Jeff is safe and that he is coming home after his six months are up. The girls and I, as well our entire extended family, are so proud of Jeff and all the men and women who serve our country so bravely. Jeff always reminds me he serves to better the lives of our children. I know it's tough for the girls to comprehend now, but I know some day they will understand why Daddy had to go on his "big trip" and they too will be proud of their Daddy for serving his county.
BRING ON THESE LAST FEW MONTHS...WE'RE READY!!!
We love and miss you so much Sweetie...here's to a speedy 3 months and your safe return home!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
yay! it's all downhill from here. great post, irene.... and of course we'd love to see you! :) give us a call anytime.
hey girl...did you get my email about the idea for invites???
We miss him, too. Can't believe it's halfway over. Can't wait to see you all in March and really looking forward to summer on the lake.
I am so glad you are on the home stretch now. We sent Jeff a box a little over 3 maybe 4 weeks ago, full of goodies, I am curious how long it will take being MPS'd from Japan. Hmmm, Maybe those Christmas cookies weren't such a good idea afterall. Got your card yesterday, thanks for the thanks:)
It's hard to believe so much time has gone by - but time really does fly even when you think it won't! You are doing great and you'll see how much more you will cherish the time you spend together, little things will mean more, little moments will be more important ... it will be so great to have him home again! For now, keep your chin up, enjoy your time with the girls and we'll look to the future with hopeful hearts. We only have 5 months left, so I'll be right there alongside you!
love, Amanda
Post a Comment