Well, we're marching up to month FOUR! Thank goodness!!! I am SO SO ready to leave January far behind me. This has literally been one of the most difficult months of my life. For starters, the three of us have all been terribly sick. I have literally been to the Doctor's Office five times in the last three weeks. Emma unfortunately has had a cough for nine weeks. The doctors have given us several different diagnosis (cold, bronchitis, reactive airway disease, asthma and pneumonia). On her third visit she had to have a chest x-ray and they found a blurry spot. Most likely it's the pneumonia, but to be safe we have a visit with a Pulmonologist in a few weeks. Poor little thing as had to endure two rounds of antibiotics, two rounds of steroids and an inhaler. Lily and I also caught horrible chest colds (which I'm still recovering from). Lily was so sick that she ended up with an ear infection as well as an upper respiratory infection.
On top on having to lug two sick children to all these appointments, the Clinic staff has been less than friendly. Actually, they have been flat out rude and incompetent on most occasions. The icing on the cake, a 1.5 hour wait in the clinic pharmacy (each time) for meds. I have now decided that going to Target and paying a small co-pay is worth my weight in gold.
To add insult to injury on my already horrific month. Jeff's command is asking him to extend our tour and do another six month deployment shortly after he returns home. Nothing is set in stone yet (as all us Navy wives know everything changes a million times before it's final), but just the idea of starting over and doing another long six months has me sick to my stomach. Keep your fingers crossed for us an I'll keep you posted.
So... a brand new month and hopefully a run of better luck. Lily is on the mend and although Em has pneumonia, she is actually doing very well. I am feeling better, just trying to kick the tail end of this cold. I also have some visitors to look forward to, my Mom will be here in just a few short weeks and Jeff's Mom will be visiting in March. Hopefully this will really help these last 2 months fly by.
Thanks to all of you who have helped, offered to help or sent your love and support these last few weeks. It has meant the world to me!
Sunday, February 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I know you felt pulled in a thousand directions, but you truly handled it all with amazing grace.
good grief, irene! i hope you're all on the mend and that feb. is much more kind to you girls. :)
Hey chica! Hang in there! I hope you are all feeling better, but keep your chin up - it's all down hill from here! You have something GREAT to look forward to ... Homecoming! It'll be here before you know it!
Stay strong, sister!
love,
Amanda
Post a Comment