Flew home to Maine for the weekend to attend my friend, Brianna's wedding. We've been friends since college so I was so happy to have the opportunity to share her special day. It was a little surreal, as for the first time in several years I took a trip alone. It was weird for me to be away from the girls for three full days. I knew Jeff was taking excellent care of them back home, I just have never left them for that long. However, after a really hectic year, it truly felt great to get away for the weekend and recharge my battery. It was also nice to travel with out strollers, diaper bags and sippy cups! ;)
Melissa (a.k.a. Little M), my fellow county girl and bff, picked me up from the Portland airport Friday night and hosted me for the weekend. Since Jeff wasn't able to make the trip, she was also my date for the wedding. On Saturday, we picked up Major on the way to the church so it really felt like a Pi Phi reunion! The wedding was a fairytale. Brianna looked like a princess, a truly stunning bride. Lily and Emma would have thought she was Cinderella! They were married in a beautiful church, with the reception across the street at the Portland Club. We danced, laughed and celebrated all night, with some late night fun in the Old Port. I loved catching up with old friends!
Thanks to all who came out to see me over the weekend, it was GREAT catching up with all of you. An extra special THANKS to Brad and Melissa for hosting me. You guys are the best!
And last....Congratulations to Brianna and Levi! It was a beautiful day. I wish you all the happiness in the world!



No comments:
Post a Comment