Sunday, September 06, 2009

Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon!

Well, we did it!! 13.1 miles, our first half marathon!!

What an exciting day for both Jeff and I. We were able to get out and enjoy a long distance race together. We had an absolutely perfect weather day. Temps were in the 70's for most of the race (which is tough to come by in Virginia Beach this time of the year). Jeff finished with an amazing time of 1 hour 46 minutes, while I finished at 2 hours 36 minutes (garmin time). I ran the race with two of the best running buddies, Pam and Bea. Thanks for always keeping me motivated ladies! I have posted a few pics and a slideshow of all the rest below. I have also attached a link that you can click on to watch Jeff and I cross the finish line.
A VERY SPECIAL thank you to my sister for flying from Maine to take care of the girls for us. We couldn't have done it without you sis, you're the best!
Most are wondering...what's next for us? The Outer Banks (North Carolina) Half Marathon for me in November and the Shamrock full marathon in March for Jeff. I guess you can say we're officially hooked!
Link to Race Day Live finish.... click HERE



Posted by Picasa


No comments: