Well, I survived my baby's first day of pre-school. It was so hard to leave Lily, but I knew she was going to have a great day! They just seem to grow up so fast!! Okay, enough about my boo hooing....here are the details of our day.
The day started with Auntie Cindy calling to wish Lily a good day at school. Lily excitedly said, I'm going to school today!" She was so happy and proud. We packed her lunch and backpack last night so we just had to get dressed and get out the door. We arrived at Courthouse Academy at 9:25 and I could tell Lily was getting a little nervous. When we arrived at the door, Lily began clinging to me and refusing to let go. Finally her teacher picked her up and brought her in the classroom. Moms are not allowed in, as it makes the transition a little easier. Lily started crying so I knew I had to leave. I tried to keep it together while I walked down the the long hall, I couldn't believe Lily was actually in school. After submitting some paperwork to the Director, both the secretary and Lily's teacher approached me and said that Lily had stopped crying and was playing very well with the other children. The teacher explained they were in computer class...how fun!
I left the school feeling a little sad, but deep inside Jeff and I knew Lily was ready. She is so active and loves learning new things. A social envirnoment like pre-school is just what Lily needed. I spent my three free hours doing some shopping and enjoying a nice lunch with Kim and Emma. It was great to have a distraction. I was so excited to go pick Lily up and see how her first day went.
The teacher's exact words, "Lily had an AWESOME day!" She said that she only cried a few minutes and then enjoyed the rest of the days activities. I felt so relieved that she liked school and had fun. The teacher said she played well with the other students, ate her lunch, went pee on the potty and even followed directions during a fire drill. I was so proud!! Lily was excited to show me her snow globe craft and tell me about playing trains and dinosaurs with her teachers. When I asked her if she had fun and wanted to go to school again she said, "Actually mom, I want to go to school again. I love school!" Well said Lily, a new chapter has begun!! I am so excited for our little girl!!
Heading into the class with one of her teachers, Ms. Lorianne


2 comments:
So glad that Lily had a great first day at school. I'm sure she'll love it and have many more fun days.
Love,
Gammy and Gampie
hooray for school, glad Lily had an AWESOME day! :) I'm interested to see how Addie fares once we put her in...
Post a Comment