Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shamrock 8K 2009

My 2nd Race with super supportive friends!! Thanks Bea, Michelle and Kevin!!

8:ooa.m.
It was a cold morning, but once we got running we warmed up fast. 7300 runners down at the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. We were in the WAY back and didn't start running until 12 minutes after the official start time. My friend, Bea was a trooper!! She literally had a bad stomach bug the night before and still was up bright and early to run. Thanks to all my friends and family that have encouraged me to keep running. I really enjoy it and plan to register for a 10K next week!! Who knows....a half marathon may be in my future some day!!

Enjoy the pics....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Half IS in your future! Especially with your $10 off coupon in the race packet...Rock on!!

LeroyLime said...

wow, good for you Irene...I'm doing a 5K in April...hoping I can get through that before I even think about any others! :)

Linda said...

Great that you can still do this for yourself amid the chaos of the girls' sickness at home. This too shall pass....

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Sis! :)

Bernadette said...

I'm SO impressed, Irene! That's awesome. And look at you - you look GREAT!

Cindy said...

thanks for motivating me!!

Jacquie said...

Wow! That is great! I can run vicariously through you. I am still nursing an injured knee. In fact I am on my way to Physical Therapy in an hour. Good news is the doctor thinks I will be running again withtin the next month.