Sunday, October 08, 2006

Expecting Nummer Zwei!

Sunday, October 1, 2006: Last night Jeff and I hired our babysitter Caiti to watch Lily for the night so we could have a date night. We went out shopping for a few hours at Breuningerland (mall) and then went to dinner at Rainbow Thai. We talked a lot about the possibilities of baby number two. We were so hopeful that the test Sunday morning would be positive. We finished dinner and then went to the movies and saw the new Adam Sandler movie, Click. We arrived home around midnight and Jeff drove Caiti home. We checked on our little Angel sleeping and felt so blessed to even have one child. We washed up and fell into bed. During the night I woke up at 2:30a.m. and 4:30a.m. anxious to take the test. Finally at 5:45a.m. my bladder woke me up and I realized it was time. I snuck out of bed and rushed to the bathroom to test.
I could hardly believe how quickly the ept test read "pregnant!" I was just standing there with the biggest smile on my face. I had a good idea that I was pregnant, but my heart was overwhelmed with surprise, excitement and joy. I crawled back into bed and whispered into Jeff's hear "I hope it's a boy this time." He yanked himself awake quickly and gave me a big hug and a kiss. He is so happy that we are pregnant with number two.
Now it is 6 a.m. and we are both laying in bed so excited to scream out our good news. The only problem with testing so early, all our family lives on the east coast (six hours behind us). I made the executive decision to call my sister April and share the news. It was midnight in Maine, so I woke her from a dead sleep (sorry sis). She was tired, but very excited to be an Auntie again. I also tried to call my close friend Kelly, but she was not home. Jeff and I hugged in bed for a while and decided since it was still dark outside we would catch a few more hours of sleep. I woke up at about 8:15a.m. to find the house still quiet. I decided to take one more test, just for good measure. This time the test showed two pink lines, another wonderful sight!
Later that day Jeff and I shared the good news with a few close friends and family members. Most of Jeff's family was camping in the woods so they had to wait a few days to hear the good news. Everyone is really excited that we are expecting again. Sharing the news of a new baby is such a warming experience. We are excited to continue to share the news as I get further along in my pregnancy.
I looked at Baby Center's Due Date Calculator and determined that I am due around the 6th of June. The same day as Pop Pop's birthday and Nanny and Pop Pop's Anniversary! An early June baby will be wonderful. We will have a few months to get settled after the baby is born before we have to pack out and move back to the States. I am really excited to be having another baby here in Germany because of the amazing experience I had with Lily.
I went to the Patch Health Clinic and had my results confirmed on Wednesday. I can use my same German OB from Lily, Dr. Voss.
So....THAT IS OUR BIG NEWS!! I wanted to journal all the details to keep them for baby number two's scrapbook. Jeff and I would love to have a boy this time, just to enjoy a new experience, however, we will be equally happy and excited with another little girl. We just pray the baby is healthy!

7 comments:

LeroyLime said...

Congratulations!!!! We're so very happy for you 3! So excited to see you've now fallen into the trap of blogging, welcome to our WORLD! :) Good luck with your pregnancy, we can't wait to see updates, ultrasounds and more adorable pictures of Lily. She's so big! What a cutie!!!

Maine Pragers said...

It's great to see you in the blogsphere! Now y'all will have to switch from a zone defense over to man-to-man coverage. Samuel has gotten very adept at moving furniture, dive-bombing off the couch, and other various injury-inducing activities. He loves to run in our driveway. However, because his quest for a sub 3-second driveway dash does not match up with his leg size quite yet, he usually ends up with an amount of road rash that corresponds to someone who just dumped their harley at 50 mph.
Love you guys!
--Kevin

Anonymous said...

Pragers,
We are so happy for you! Hopefully we'll get to see more of the three of you and your new addition next fall when you make it back to Virginia.
And, hopefully we'll have a little girl for your little boy to meet...I'm due May 31st! :)
Love,
The Jennings

Anonymous said...

We were thrilled about the news and think it's a miracle that it's due on June 6th. For us that date was the beginning of a wonderful life together and a fantastic family -- still growing.
You three (soon four!) are a wonderful family and the love you share with all of us is phenomenal. Although far away, you've kept us close with adorable pictures.
We look forward to updates. It's a super way to keep in touch.
Nanny and PopPop

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations!! You are two of the bravest souls I know! We can't wait until you come back here to stay. We miss you so much! And of course you're going to have another great delivery...you can't go wrong with a guy named Dr. VOSS! Max will have so much fun when he finally gets to hang out with Lily and the peanut. Congrats! We love you!
Mark, Leah & Max

LeroyLime said...

The best thing about it is Dr. Voss is a woman and although she's wonderful, she doesn't deliver babies...

So glad to hear you have her, Jami and I LOVED her too!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you and Jeff. It is such wonderful news, babies are such a blessing and joy. It is so nice to hear the laughter, giggling and jibber jab that they bring into our homes. Especially during the holidays. I can't believe Alexander is a little over 2 months old, oh how the time flies. I love the photo of the EPT stick.

Love,
The Familie Waskiewicz