Monday, October 16, 2006

Our First Ultrasound, 7 Weeks

This afternoon I had my first OB appointment with Dr. Voss. I had all my lab work done and my first ultrasound. It was WONDERFUL to see our baby's heartbeat. It was just a little peanut, measuring 9.5 mm. I couldn't even tell which end was up, but I could have watched that little heartbeat for hours. Dr. Voss said that I was measuring at 7 weeks, 1 day (just as I suspected). That gives us a June 6th due date. Dr. Voss joked with me about my comfort level with this second pregnancy. She still recalls the nervous, young American, full of questions, from two years ago. I do find myself much more at ease with this baby because I know what to expect. I also am settled into our life here in Germany and familiar with the German health care system. No trans-Atlantic moves for me this pregnancy.

Dr. Voss prescribed me some anti-nausea medicine because I have been fighting some pretty bad "ALL DAY" sickness. I have also have been pretty tired, as expected. Thank goodness for Jeff. He has really been picking up the slack around the house and with the dog. I truly have great friends and a wonderful support system so I am really looking forward to having another baby here in Germany.

Dr. Voss printed some pictures of the baby for us to take home. There is not much to see at this point, but we still want to share our baby's first photo. Our next OB appointment is November 13th. We'll keep you all posted!!

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

yeah for the little peanut! Tell Dr. Voss "hi" for us, the next time you see her. Hope the anti-n pills work for you too, that's not fun being sick, especially ALL DAY, ugh!

Thanks for sharing!!!