Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Dublin




Well I figure I ought to give this a try to tell everyone that I'm alive and give Irene a break from posting all of the time. New Year's this year was a little different from our tradition of sitting on the couch and trying our damnedest to make it to midnight!!! This year Kevin was in Whales consulting at a school and took an overnight ferry to Dublin for New Years so Irene told me that I HAD to go meet up with him. I didn't want to leave Irene and Lily all alone to ring in the new year but how often do you get to party with your brother in Dublin....let alone for New Years?!?! I flew in Saturday night and met up with Kevin early Sunday morning. Most of Sunday we hung out and walked around Dublin and then after a quick Irish mass, we headed out for lunch and didn't look back. We spent most of the afternoon/evening hopping from one traditional Irish pub to the next and even took in a little Irish music. Kevin and I ended up in the square in the Temple Bar area to count down to 2007 with the rest of the revelers. Needless to say it was a great time!

1 comment:

LeroyLime said...

hooray...a man's perspective, how FUN!!! Loved it! Glad you had fun downing brewskis with your brother in Dublin, what a great story!! I'm going to see if I can get Jami to post something, lol!