Friday (Jan. 19th) Kim, Karen, Beth and I left the base at about 12:45 to start our grand adventure. Kim's Jeep was packed to the brim with paper, stickers, pictures and embellishments. The weather was rainy and windy, as the day before we were experiencing 50 mph winds. However, we weren't worried, with all our scrapbooking supplies we felt pretty weighed down. The trip took us a little over three hours. We checked into the resort and headed straight to the conference room to unload our supplies. Jacquie had arrived a day early and snagged us each a 9 foot table. We also had an extra one for snack and supplies. You can't scrapbook with out Peanut Butter m&m's and Happy Cherry's!
The next day we slept in a little, grabbed some breakfast and then it was back to work. We scrapbooked from 10:00 until 1:00 and then drove into downtown Garmisch to enjoy some yummy pizza, caprese salad and wine. After lunch we had to rush back to the hotel, as we all had afternoon massages scheduled....auh!! We scrapbooked the day away, in disbelief that the sun had set so quickly. We stopped for another dinner break and then finished that evening at around 2 a.m.
I am sure you are thinking, how can anyone scrapbook that much? Well...we talk, eat, listen to music, share ideas and supplies and LAUGH a whole lot. When someone is stuck we stop and try to offer creative ideas, it's a true team effort. This really maximizes our time and allows us to all interact and enjoy ourselves.
Sunday morning we scrapbooked a few more hours and then called it quits. We did a little shopping in downtown Garmisch, grabbed lunch and then hit the road around 1:30. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed a breath taking view of the Alps as we drove home. Total, I finished Lily's baby book and officially started her Toddler book (16 pages). All the other gals did about the same. Well, except for the "Super Scrapper", Beth, she finished a whopping 28 pages!! She's a quick one! Karen, Kim and Jacquie turned out some beautiful travel pages, while Beth and I primarily worked on our kids books.
The weekend was an all inclusive, two night stay with two meals per day for only $150. It was more than a fair deal as the resort really accommodated the 40 or so Stuttgart Scrapbookers. We had lots of space and were able to network with a lot of other scrapbookers. I made some new friends and received a lot of good advice and information on scrapbooking. Overall, a wonderful experience that I would love to do again. Thanks to Kim, Karen, Jacquie and Beth for making me laugh so hard and being such sweet friends. I had a BLAST!! Until next time...


2 comments:
I had such a wonderful time and burned off a lot of calories just laughing. Scrapbooking with the 4 of you was truly inspiring. It was a weekend of accomplishments and relaxation. I hope we can do it again. Thanks gals:)
Oh how FUN, scrappin' in GARMISH, now who all can say that? WOW! What a great weekend!!! Wish I was there! :)
Post a Comment