
From Diana:
"Brent went TDY (business trip) to Ramstein (about 2 hrs north of Stuttgart) on Monday and Tuesday. Jacob and I went with him so we can attend their annual holiday bazaar - hoping to do some major shopping. We got more than what we bargained for - A BABY!!Our baby came two weeks early. It's a GIRL!!!With no warning, our baby decided to arrive on Sept 18th at 6:27 am, 2 hrs and 44 minutes after arriving at the hospital. We were not prepared to have a baby so we had nothing with us but our photo and video camera (a true scrapbooker never leaves home without it). Jacob was with us for the whole thing and witnessed the birth of his sister. It's been a surreal experience; full of surprises - a surprise pregnancy, labor and gender. Brent had to go out and buy a baby outfit, blanket, a car seat and some stuff for me. We literally had nothing but the clothes on our backs. Because I thought it was boy, we had no names picked out for a girl so she was named almost 36 hrs later and 10 minutes before the registrar office closed. So, she went from "Female" to Viktoria Petra. Brent picked out Viktoria and I chose Petra. I wanted the middle name to be German plus it's my maternal grandmother's name. All in all, we have a good story to tell her. My labor was awful but worth it (no DRUGS). The baby is healthy and beautiful. Brent and Jacob have been great - couldn't ask for a better husband and son. "
Here's a recap of her stats:
Viktoria Petra
Sept 18, 2007
6:27 am
7lbs 9oz 19 3/4 inches


1 comment:
I got tears and I don't even know her (great letter)!!! Thanks for posting...it only makes baby boy seem sooo much closer! It's amazing how fast time flys, especially with the 2nd one.
Post a Comment