Monday, July 28, 2008
First Landing State Park
On Saturday we spent the afternoon on our mountain bikes. We packed up the kids, the bikes, the bike cart, snacks and plenty of water and drove over to First Landing State Park . There is a great 10 mile bike path that Jeff and I decided to tackle. The girls did great (expect for the last few miles on the way back). They enjoyed being in the woods and seeing all the other bikers and joggers. We even saw a good size snake. At mile 4 there was a beautiful water opening that we stopped at and let the girls stretch their legs. It looked like fresh water, but it may have been part of the bay. The foliage reminded us of Maine and how much we miss the lake in the summer time.
The trails at First Landing Park are nicely marked and well maintained. It was refreshing to be "in the woods" and escaping suburbia for a few hours. I'm sure we'll be enjoying this park a lot next summer, as it's close and has so much to offer. Enjoy the pics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Love the music!!
What song...I have it on shuffle?
Nice trails. I'm sure you all had a great time!!
One. The Mary J version:)
Post a Comment