On Wednesday Lily and I spent most of the day making Christmas cookies for friends and neighbors (and us of course). We started the morning trying a new cookie recipe, Fudgy Peanut Butter Buttons. I found the recipe and thought it would be great to try with Lily as there are very few indigents. We mixed, crushed and rolled to end up with 70 delicious cookies. We modified the recipe and did half with Hersey kisses and the other half with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. I'll post the recipe below. After the button cookies we made our sugar cookie dough and placed it in the fridge to decorate and bake when Daddy came home from work. The second batch of cookies were a little tough, as my little munchkin was on quite a sugar high and lost interest after decorating a dozen or so. Here are the pictures of our day of Christmas baking. We are still enjoying the cookies and looking forward to our next project...A gingerbread house!!
Just 3 more days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Love the Polish pottery! Adelaide lost interest too after we cut out a few...not to mention, all she wanted to eat was the frosting when it was time to decorate!
YUM! :) I don't know how you guys do it all...with babies and everything. I'm seriously impressed.
Post a Comment