Wednesday, October 08, 2008

DD 1

(DD= Deployment Day)
I am going to TRY to get at least 1 photo up a day for Jeff. Here is day one of our adventure. Besides this horrible head cold I'm battling, we had a good day. The girls and I enjoyed some warm weather at the play ground with Erin, Jack and Sylvia and then did some crafts in the afternoon. The big hit....a "kiss" a day from Daddy. Hopefully they won't be completely addicted to chocolate (like their Mommy) by the time Daddy gets home!
Besides talking and reading books to the prepare the girls, here are some other fun projects we completed for Jeff's deployment:A weekly chain link...every week we take one down until Daddy gets home. Jeff wrote a new message every week for the girls.

A great video to share with preschoolers who are struggling with deployment.

We made 3 DVD's of Jeff reading all the girls favorite bedtime books.

I ordered these Daddy Dolls online and they are SUPER SWEET!! The girls absolutely love them. The best part, they have a voice box inside that Jeff was able to record a message on.

And of course.... my therapy for night one!

3 comments:

LeroyLime said...

Ok, I need to borrow one of your tissues...

I LOVE the kiss a day from Daddy, and the chain is wonderful...the dolls will be cherished forEVER by your sweet girls.

Hugs to all of you!!!

Jacquie said...

I hope you get over your head cold soon. We are thinking about you, the girls, and Jeff. What great ideas for a deployment. I will have to share this with my friends that have husbands deployed. I love the doll idea, can you send me the website for the doll? Irene, all of you are in our thoughts and prayers. Scrap book away!!!!!! We are sending you one giant virtual hug:)

Linda said...

Thanks for all the updates and pictures. That "kiss a day" could be addictive. I'd probably be up to at least 20 a day before the day was done :)
I remember that jar when we were there...
Sorry that you got "the cold". I hope that you are feeling better. Talk to you soon...