Friday, November 07, 2008

1 MONTH DOWN, 5 TO GO

We have officially made it through 1/6 of this deployment. The first month started slowly, but time seems to be moving more quickly these days. I think we are in a good routine and are consumed with the busy holiday season. Some days are better than others, but I am managing. We are fortunate to talk to Jeff on a regular basis and the girls love chatting on the web cam with him. Jeff enjoys his job, but is extremely busy. He is working 15 hour days, 7 days a week with a lot of traveling. I am thankful he is not in a direct combat zone, but I am still nervous about all his traveling around the Middle East. Make sure you keep him and all our brave soldiers in your thoughts and prayers.

During the last month the girls have had their moments, they miss Daddy terribly. I too have my days, I miss being with my best friend. It's hard to go through all the day to day motions and not feel sad that he is missing so much with the girls. However, technology and all our advanced planning is really paying off. I think the girls feel connected to him, even though there are so many miles between us. I just hope he knows how much we all miss him!

So, we're on to month 2!! This month, Thanksgiving, the onset of Christmas and a visit from my good friend Kelly. We are also busy planning our 3 week trip home to Maine for the Holidays. Thanks to all our family, friends and neighbors. Your love and support are helping us get through this. If you get a second, drop Jeff an email. He loves hearing from people and staying connected to his life back here in Virginia. If you need his email, let me know. Also, I love new blog comments. Drop me a note and let me know you were here. The blog is the main way Jeff is staying up to date with the girls, so there will be constant updating. Be sure to keep checking back....

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

Mike is getting ready to go as well. I am really dreading it too. :( I understand how you feel. I know it's hard - hang in there. You're doing such a wonderful job. I wish I could pop over for a visit.

Please give our regards to Jeff.

Great big hugs to you all,
B