Saturday, November 22, 2008
Kelly's Visit
One of my dearest friends and Lily's Godmother, Kelly, flew in for three days for a visit. It was GREAT to see her and she was such a BIG help all weekend. The days FLEW by, but we managed to get a lot accomplished and have a lot of FUN all at the same time!! We started Saturday afternoon off with a trip to Red Robin for a special lunch with the girls. Lily and Em loved Kel the second she arrived. That afternoon the girls had some quality play-doh time and then did a little baking. That night Kelly and I sat up chatting the night away with a delicious bottled of red vino. Saturday morning started out wonderful, Kelly let me sleep in until 9:00 a.m.!!!!!!! It was so refreshing! Later that morning, Kim and Larry arrived. Larry brought the lawn vacuum and took care of all the leaves (THANKS LARRY!) and Kim watched the girls so Kelly and I could get a run in. After our run, we spent some time outside enjoying the beautiful weather. The girls loved all the attention from everyone. I think they're a little tired of Mommy. Sunday night Kelly cooked us a yummy dinner. It was so nice have have so much extra help with the girls and the house. Sunday was another productive day, a dentist appt. for me and a doctor's appt. for Em. Lily and Kelly spent the morning at the VA. Aquarium and then shared a lunch at McDonald's. That afternoon I was able to grocery shop alone (a mother's dream) and the girls spent the afternoon at the park. Then to wrap up the visit, Kelly and I went out to dinner and then saw The Secret Life of Bees (a great book and a great movie). As you can see, a jammed packed weekend that the girls and I loved. Thanks so much for EVERYTHING Kelly. You're the best!!! Can't wait to see you this summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad that you got to catch up on your rest and have such a fun time with Kelly. Boy, you really packed a lot into three days!!
Post a Comment