Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Six Weeks Done!

I really can't say that the time is flying, but the days are passing more quickly now that we are in a routine and use to being away from Jeff (doesn't that sound horrible!). The girls still talk about Daddy and his "big trip" all the time, and yesterday I caught Lily talking to a picture of Jeff and then kissing it. She is really missing him, she has always been a Daddy's girl. I am hanging in there, but I miss my best friend. I hate that I am actually getting use to doing everything by myself. Being a "single parent" is tough! I guess it's a sink or swim situation. It all has to get done; the kids, the house, the pets, the bills, the yard, the groceries, the holiday planning and preparations, the corresponding with friends and family....the list goes on and on. I am proud of myself for keeping it some what together, but my standards are set pretty low these days. I guess it's all about prioritizing.

We are heading into the holidays and I am really looking forward to the distraction. It kills me to know Jeff will miss the Christmas season with us this year. However, the girls and I are really excited about going home for three weeks to be with my family. I know my Mom and sister will spoil me and the girls....YEAH!

To all of you checking in with me....THANK YOU! I appreciate all the cards, notes, emails and blog comments of support. It means a lot to me and I know Jeff is thankful too. We are blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to help us through this!

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes, especially with Lily talking to Jeff's picture and then kissing it. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers. Please e-mail Jeff's address so we can send him a little Japanese Christmas something:)

Unknown said...

Each day that passes is one day closer to me coming home!! I miss you all so much too! You are doing such a great job.

michelina said...

irene, just letting you know that i stop by each week just to see how you guys are doing. i can't imagine being away from shaun that long, so you're doing an amazing job! and it sounds like you have so much support to help you make it through, aren't family and friends wonderful! we're thinking of you! (the girls are adorable!)

Linda said...

As tears hit my keyboard, it is hard to imagine that you won't be a family this Christmas. I'm glad that you all will be spoiled in Maine and will have some distraction from the day to day routine. The picture of Lily in Jeff's hat is priceless. We miss you all.