Thursday, November 06, 2008

In Just 24 Hours

In just 24 hours I dealt with my first onset of deployment disasters. First, while washing the dinner dishes our kitchen faucet broke and sprayed water every where under the sink. Thank God we have a plumber as a neighbor and he rushed over and fixed the problem (thanks so much for your help Rob). After my fiasco with sink was cleaned up, I woke up to yet another disaster. After dropping the girls off at school, the van got a flat tire. Now, one would think I got the tire changed and all was right with the world again. Well, after 3 days of dealing with a local Service Center, 3 Tire Places and Toyota, I now have 2 new runflat tires on my Sienna Minivan. I would get into every little sorted detail of why this was such a complex problem, but I really just want to forget it all happened. Let's just say this...many of you may not know what a "runflat" tire is and neither did I before Thursday. Now I know the price, design, make, model, size and several different brands of runflat tires. I am more educated than I EVER care to be on replacing and maintaining tires. I also know who to call for help when I'm in trouble. A big thanks to Lee, Cindy and my Mom, I appreciate all your help and advice during my van crisis.

Now on to month 2... bring on the disasters, I'm ready!

3 comments:

Linda said...

You go girl... you're the tire diva now!! I never doubted for a minute that you would have everything under control. I remember many times wet vacuuming a flooded basement and getting out a wrench and jack and putting the loose tire back on my lawn tractor. Guess it comes with the territory when husbands are away. Makes us all a little more independent even though we don't necessarily want to be :) I'm not wild about taking care of anything involving vehicles either.

benarinn said...

good grief! sometimes it really feels like you're being tested, hmm? during ben's 2nd deployment, (when i was 9mo. pregnant) we had a hurricane, and our storage shed blew off its foundation, and the doors blew off....stuff was everywhere! i think we all go through some of these road blocks from time to time- lets just hope that's it for you for a while! it sounds like you handled it like a pro, though! hang in there, irene! i'm thinking of you...

Bernadette said...

LOL! I hear you and know what you mean. All you have to do is scroll back a ways into some of my previous posts. Murphy's Law!